Wednesday, January 30, 2019

I.I.I. Joint Industry Forum Panel: The P/C Industry has been doing well, but threats loom on the horizon

Left to right: Bill Donnell, David Wessel, Jay Gelb, John Huff

By Lucian McMahon

The 2018 financial results for the property/casualty industry were strong. According to Verisk Analytics, private p/c insurers in the U.S. reported a nine-month net underwriting gain of $4.7 billion. The industry combined ratio was 97.3 percent – down from 104.1 percent in 2017.

“It’s unusual to have an industry-wide underwriting profit,” said Jay Gelb, managing director at Barclay’s, speaking at a geopolitical risks panel at the 2019 I.I.I. Joint Industry Forum. “But 4Q 2018 is going to be worse.” The insured losses from Hurricane Michael and the disastrous California wildfires will make a dent on industry underwriting results. And in the...


[Read More ...]

Having a problem with a hail claim? Continue Here


I.I.I. Joint Industry Forum Panel: The P/C Industry has been doing well, but threats loom on the horizon was originally posted by ClaimsMate.com Insurance Information Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment